Saturday 2 June 2012

Pentagram Harness ~The Making~

The end piece.


Want to see how I made this? and make one for yourself? You know you want to! :3...





I first cut out the design using ribbon so I would be able to measure the lengths that I will need for the leather, and also knowing how many spikes and hoops I will need.


I used a very thick leather so ensure the harness would last and not ware away or break! I cut the leather into lengths (this was a nightmare) then cut the ends of each length into thinner pieces, making it easier to fit around the hoop. Using a pyrography tool, it was perfect to burn through the leather to create a hole for the spikes to go through.


Then, pinning the pieces to the mannequin to ensure that the fittings were all correct, I could go ahead and finish the piece!


The finished piece, looks amazing over the top of a shirt, t-shirt or nothing at all ;) makes a really great out going piece. Stand out from the crowd!

F x

3 comments:

  1. I really like this tutorial, definitely something I want to try in the future. Where did you purchase your leather from?
    I'm new to blogspot too, keep up the posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! thank you! Just from eBay, they sell alot of leather on there for craft :3 yay good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so creative. I could never do that! Keep up the good work :)

    Visit my blog.. ❂ MARIBLEU ❂

    ReplyDelete